Friday, April 12, 2013

Calorie- smalorie

Who hate counting calories? I know I do. So what do I do about, well I simply don't count.



I know it's crazy right. How can you possibly be trying to lose that last bit of baby weight and get into shape if you don't count calories or points. How to I work towards my desired weight? Well I make smart choices. I eat whole real food. I'll be honest I tried to count calories for or about 6 days. Drove me crazy. I don't eat much for pre packaged food so I would have to input my entire recipes with quantities , ugh and figure out servings and all the stuff. I like cooking, not figuring stuff like that out. So I stopped, really was sucking the joy out of cooking for me.

I don't have anything agaisnt people who do calorie count. It is something that I just can't figure out.


Now I do fully acknowledge calories on processed foods. I can see the calories on the package, that I understand. When I go out or have a packaged snack I keep in check those calories. Mainly because I do not have full control of what is in the products. I like to know what is in my food and because I can't dissect everything and ingredient lists don't always appear fully forth coming with big fancy words that hide different things.

I also don't fully understand how you get your calories burned unless you are on a tread mill and have it monitoring for you. I understand that you need to record your heart rate and all that but another fancy tool that I just don't have the time or the money for.

I prefer really to keep it simple. what what I eat, keep it whole food high in nutritional value. keep processed foods low. And keep your body moving, find exercise in everything thing you can do. Keep pushing and keep moving.

Do you count your calories? If you do how do you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment