Monday, April 8, 2013

Mamavation Monday ~~~~~ Travelling & Eating Healthy

We just had a wonderful family vacation

Las Vegas and Disneyland! It was a wonderful vacation, full of lots of walking, most days ended up with 8-12 + hours of walking). So we got our exercise in, and I was carrying Lil Squish most of the time in the carrier. Where we didn't do as good was our diet.  With our place in Las Vegas we were n a condo with a full kitchen, wonderful we were able to cook our meals, money savings and much healthier foods. Once in Buena Park CA our hotel had a "kitchenette" which equates to a microwave and a bar fridge. Not quite what I was expecting but we made it work.
Breakfast usually was just cereal. It is quick and easy. I am not a morning person. We packed snack for the kids , natural granola bars, oranges for the kiddos to eat. Lunch we would go back to the room, and have what Bobo likes to call a snack lunch, Veggies, fruit and a sandwich. Dinners we another thing some days. Often we were going out, looking cheaper options too to keep the budget friendly Unfortunately when you are going for cheaper it is hard to get quality. I tried my best but some days I just felt like I couldn't win. 

I accept it though, travelling and things will slip. I did what I could with the resources I had at the time. Plus side I didn't gain weight on vacation like I often do, so I guess we can all have a little win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment